- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 90: MONSTERSUBMIT TO N Curnow 89:DOMESTIC COMING SOON with N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Submission to Cordite 90: MONSTER
- Introduction to TRANSQUEER
- The Kindness of Strangers: On New Zealand’s Literary Journals
- Three Translated Xhevdet Bajraj Poems
- Four Translated Ángelo Néstore Poems
- ‘There is nothing more shared than language’: Carolyn DeCarlo Interviews Gregory Kan
- ‘Language can multiply itself and form secret and unusual patterns’: Andrew Pascoe Interviews Ania Walwicz
- Owen Bullock Reviews Rachel Blau DuPlessis
- Joan Fleming Reviews Fiona Hile and Luke Beesley
- Winnie Siulolovao Dunn Reviews Tayi Tibble
- Holding Pattern
- It Is Happening Again
- 14 Works by Ms Saffaa
- Silence (Maria the first)
- don’t look down
- Dear Mr. president
- The Doctors Say
- Looking for Hot GAM
- THERE ARE ONLY 16 GENDERS
- At Rome
- Argo Notes
- Finding Herbert
- I Look at My Body and See the Source of My Shame: Ecstasy Facsimile
Pascalle Burton’s About the Author is Dead refers to, and opens with an epigraph from, Roland Barthes’s seminal essay, ‘The Death of the Author’. Inside the collection, we find not one author but many: David Byrne and Grace Jones, Miranda July and Jacques Derrida; authors who are filmmakers, authors who are poets, philosophers and musicians.
‘Generation Loss (after Alvin Lucier)’ is a response to Alvin Lucier’s 1969 work I am sitting in a room, in which the artist’s speech is recorded, played back and recorded again until the iterations become unrecognisable and incorporate the frequencies …
Experimental filmmaker, choreographer, dancer, film theorist, poet, lecturer, writer and photographer, Maya Deren was a seminal figure in twentieth-century avant-garde art and theory. To begin with Deren’s words is to follow in the footsteps of Pascalle Burton’s and Nathan Shepherdson’s UN/SPOOL and A gram of ideas on art, form and film – twinned works that are simultaneously homages to, and dialogues with, Deren’s own work and ideas, and entirely new and original pieces of art.
the future is but the obsolete in reverse∼Vladimir Nabokov hens-teeth tooth sooth-seer futile soul-fever suture terrible-host horrible visitors onset teen believer tree root soil obvious bovril herbivore stub-toe hurt error reversible hubris revolutionist refuses reefer oo uu ee ii truth …
(William Carlos Williams + N +) so much depends upon a red whelp basin glazed with ram wax beside the white childminders upon a red whim-wham basque glazed with ramjet wealth beside the white chimeras upon a red whip bastard …
When I was invited by Cordite to curate this chapbook, my mind filled with one word … presence.
Presence can be defined as:
The state or fact of being present; current existence or occurrence.
Immediate proximity in time or space.
The area immediately surrounding a great personage, especially a sovereign.
A person who is present.
A person’s bearing, especially when it commands respectful attention: ‘He continues to possess the presence, mental as well as physical, of the young man’ (Brendan Gill).
The quality of self-assurance and effectiveness that permits a performer to achieve a rapport with the audience: stage presence.
A supernatural influence felt to be nearby.
Do not ask who I am or ask me to remain the same.— Foucault a measure of flame and oxygen, a white heat degree in shame searing pain, unquantifiable pleasure that’s the key to a really good secret a secret …
[audio:http://cordite.org.au/audio/Yes-I-Dream-Of-Electric-Sheep.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Collyer-_Redmond_I-do-want-it.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/McCooey_CollectiveHypnosis.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Burton-Trouble-Shooter.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Whelan_DreamMachines.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/bio_komninos.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Pravda_WeAreHere.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/The-Fire-That-Baba-Threw.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Crixus_TheNeedFeed.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/moss_myautopsy.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Jackson_Gathering.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Recipes-for-the-Disaster.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/05-My-Old-Amish-Grampa.mp3,http://cordite.org.au/audio/Gibbins_the_simple_life.mp3|titles=Yes I Dream of Electric Sheep,I do want it,Collective Hypnosis,Trouble Shooter,Dream Machines,bio,We Are Here,The Fire That Baba Threw,The Need Feed,My Autopsy,Gathering the Pieces of Your Shattered Palace,Recipes for the Disaster,My Old Amish Grampa,The Simple Life|artists=Philip Norton,Emilie Collyer & Tim Redmond,David …
[audio:http://cordite.org.au/audio/Burton-Trouble-Shooter.mp3|titles=Trouble Shooter – Pascalle Burton] Trouble Shooter (3:08) Written and produced by Pascalle Burton and featuring Justin Leegwater and David Stavanger
it is six years gone that automatic expressline divorce operation walking shellshocked from the wreckage making no changes to diet or exercise his head still stuck in the book of trees the book of flowers on occasion, the kama sutra …
I grow a beard because I hate constant shaving I grow a beard to look distinguished I grow a beard because it is the natural thing to do I grow a beard because it is manly I grow a beard …