- A. Frances Johnson Reviews Jill Jones
- Review Short: Toby Davidson’s ‘Beast Language’
- Michael Farrell Reviews MTC Cronin
- Justin Clemens Reviews Pam Brown and Ken Bolton
- Andy Jackson Reviews Kevin Brophy and Nathan Curnow
- Suspensions of the Real
- Too East Coast?
- Review Short: Lachlan Brown’s ‘Limited Cities’
- Review Short: Toby Fitch’s ‘Rawshock’
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open!
- Ratbag Editorial
- Bev Braune Reviews Kate Lilley
- A Poetics of The Naughty
- Small to Medium Enterprise
- National Anthems (2)
- Cordite Scholarly Submissions (1)
- Naomi Beth Wakan: I have just been sent two volumes from Alba Press for review. They are David Cobb’s...
- Front page alternate (2)
- Suspensions of the Real (3)
- Gina K: Thanks for the awesome article / summary / recount / poetic inspiration, Jacinta. Your equation referring to...
- Felicity Plunkett: Thanks for such an evocative summary, Jacinta. A lot to reflect on — and congratulations to...
- Kristin Hannaford: A really interesting re-cap of the symposium. Wish I was there!
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open! (1)
- Emblem: Is the phantasmagoria of north-north-west masked poetic fare suggested here rijidij; or when it comes to it...
- Pacific Solution 3 (2)
- ezo: Naru is in Nagasaki, nauru in the pacific – a symbolic reference to second world war??? Nauru has never...
- IWD: Murder, She Wrote (2)
- Sharaon Mousmini: Yes I have just got a copy of Women’s Work through Pax Press and I was also at the launch...
- Nativism and the Interlocutor (2)
- Josephine WIlson: I want to thank the writer for this fine piece. It deserves many readers.
- On Not Having Encountered Snow, Aged 43 (1)
- Justin Lowe: Brilliant mate.
- Postcards from ‘The Neon Cactus’ (2)
- Bradley Roberts: Great poem. I lived in Finland or eighteen months. Wonderful land
- Five O’Clock at the River (6)
- Martha Landman: Profound! Rich with images. Imaginative; so human.
- Michael Farrell on MTC Cronin: http://t.co/BQvy92uAsv #poetry #australiapoetry about 1 day ago
- A. Frances Johnson on Jill Jones: http://t.co/WNFwTsNjT9 #poetry #australiapoetry about 1 day ago
- Down to three weeks left to submit to Issue 43: MASQUE with Ann Vickery: http://t.co/uCdcWbhkLT about 1 day ago
- Cordite 41: TRANSPACIFIC is now live! - http://t.co/3fch0GO0f9 11:50:02 PM March 31, 2013
- Jacinta Le Plastrier on Women's Work and a Modern Classic: http://t.co/4pe2VzqSsg @AusWomenWriters @Women_on_IWD 07:53:24 AM March 25, 2013
It was school vacation, my daughter skiing with her father, my husband in board meetings, mynah birds drumming on the window panes, autumn gifts, my first ex. in a condo in Kuantan, (true friendships don’t crowd us, they are not …
A tall ship patrols the coast, pelagic fish are vanishing. I sniff the kelp and bloodworms, mould into an eroded kerb with an akward wriggle of neck, whisking as if hiding my fur was natural as instinct for milk, or …
“This essay provides a survey of the poetry of some Asian Australian poets, and does not attempt to be definitive. Diasporic poetics raise more questions than they answer and are just as much about dis-placement as about place, just as much about a ‘poetics of uncertainty’ as about certainties of style/nation/identity.”
The poetry canon does women few favours. Over the years, I’ve had to seek out and find my own choice femmes to balance out the bookshelves. Never feeling the pull of Plath or Dickinson, I went from Sappho to Aphra …
Vishvarūpa by Michelle Cahill Five Islands Press, 2011 Michelle Cahill’s second collection is marvellously named Vishvarūpa, Sanskrit for “manifold, having all forms and colours”. The cover is classic black and silver, with a close-up photograph of a Hindu deity’s sculpture. …
Enemy, you have raided my country, your handwriting floats
Once in a ruptured past before mutiny or Midnight’s Children, on the telly, keepsakes on the grill, Everyone stares at the stranger on the black road contemplating the devil or a head in a shoebox where hands once shut a …
Once in a ruptured past before mutiny or Midnight's Children,