- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 88: TRANSQUEER with Q Eades and S Barnes (submit now!) 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz and H Isemonger(coming soon!) 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Johanna Featherstone Reviews History and the Poet
- Submission to Cordite 88: TRANSQUEER
- Review Short: Shastra Deo’s The Agonist
- Review Short: Tracy Ryan’s The Water Bearer
- Review Short: Bulky News Press Chapbooks from Andrew Pascoe, Chris Brown and Marty Hiatt
- Review Short: Susan Hawthorn’s Dark Matters
- 12 Works by Sue Kneebone
- Introduction to NO THEME VII
- Bone Shame: Grief, Te Ao Māori and the Liminal Space where Translation Fails
- Re-imagining Place: A Psychogeographic Reading of Carmine Frascarelli’s Sydney Road Poems
- ‘Geelong checks its modernist warranty’
- John Ashbery’s Humane Abstractions
- Shattered Writing: Four Translated Valerie Mejer Caso Poems from Edinburgh Notebook
- Four Translated Laia Llobera i Serra Poems
- ‘We mirror what we see’: Holly Childs Interviews Cristine Brache
- President Donald J Trump at the Western Wall, Jerusalem 2017
- Diary Poem: Uses of Dreams
- Neutral Bay, New South Wales
- OK GOOGLE
- drawn, made.
- My Mothers, the avian …
- My Dream of Gary Snyder
- The Photographs
- How Mirror Stores Operate
- Invasion Day 2
From the title of Shane Rhodes’s collection Dead White Men, we know we are in fraught if familiar territory. Those men are the subjects to be critiqued, argued with, taken down in light of today’s history.
An unlikely place to intersect, or even be at all – Brisbane, Australia – for Shane Rhodes (Canadian, poetry editor for Arc Magazine and the 2013 Arts Queensland Poet in Residence) and Kent MacCarter (native Montanan and Managing Editor of …
No one in the class could say exactly. Writing that rhymes? A descriptive passage that seems to talk about one thing while actually meaning something completely different? A very very very short story that uses a lot of similes? The late Don Summerhayes, my first poetry workshop instructor at York University, had asked us to explain what poetry is.
I come before you today one proud Canadian among a nation of these in terrible times in times of crisis in security in harm’s way we are 35 million projecting weakness Consider this We are smart we are selfless we …
Cover art by Ian Friend My plumbing? Not exactly. But, well, after 14 months in the planning, making, mulling, and editing, it’s finally here: Arc Poetry Magazine 75: The Arc-Cordite Poetry Special Issue. Shane Rhodes and I (Kent MacCarter) co-wrote …
The bad news first … I am sorry to see the departure of Lisa Gorton as Cordite’s Feature Reviews Editor. Over the past 18 months, her astute eye, impeccable judgement and gracious style has produced – and leaves us with – a superb legacy of robust and engaging feature reviews. Gorton’s work is testament to what can happen with excellent writing from reviewers and an engaged editorial acumen.
Queensland Poetry Festival is thrilled to welcome award-winning Canadian poet Shane Rhodes as the 2013 Arts Queensland Poet in Residence. Since the residency program began in 2005, Queenslanders have had the pleasure of hosting an international poet for three months each year, bringing their ideas and creative energy to inform, influence, and engage fellow poets.
postcard poems from the Americas 1 Pisco Lima cries for Spain. Spain was a swan in its hands with a rosy cloaca and a cock that tasted of bullmeat. Lima cries for Spain. 2 Cachaça In Sao Paolo, a monarch’s …
There is no greater enemy to Canada’s material interests abroad this day than the wasteful, ruinous Drink Traffic. But while it overturns the home of plenty, it more cruelly still shatters the goblet of human happiness. The Canadian Temperance Manual …