- A. Frances Johnson Reviews Jill Jones
- Review Short: Toby Davidson’s ‘Beast Language’
- Michael Farrell Reviews MTC Cronin
- Justin Clemens Reviews Pam Brown and Ken Bolton
- Andy Jackson Reviews Kevin Brophy and Nathan Curnow
- Suspensions of the Real
- Too East Coast?
- Review Short: Lachlan Brown’s ‘Limited Cities’
- Review Short: Toby Fitch’s ‘Rawshock’
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open!
- Ratbag Editorial
- Bev Braune Reviews Kate Lilley
- A Poetics of The Naughty
- Small to Medium Enterprise
- National Anthems (2)
- Cordite Scholarly Submissions (1)
- Naomi Beth Wakan: I have just been sent two volumes from Alba Press for review. They are David Cobb’s...
- Front page alternate (2)
- Suspensions of the Real (3)
- Gina K: Thanks for the awesome article / summary / recount / poetic inspiration, Jacinta. Your equation referring to...
- Felicity Plunkett: Thanks for such an evocative summary, Jacinta. A lot to reflect on — and congratulations to...
- Kristin Hannaford: A really interesting re-cap of the symposium. Wish I was there!
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open! (1)
- Emblem: Is the phantasmagoria of north-north-west masked poetic fare suggested here rijidij; or when it comes to it...
- Pacific Solution 3 (2)
- ezo: Naru is in Nagasaki, nauru in the pacific – a symbolic reference to second world war??? Nauru has never...
- IWD: Murder, She Wrote (2)
- Sharaon Mousmini: Yes I have just got a copy of Women’s Work through Pax Press and I was also at the launch...
- Nativism and the Interlocutor (2)
- Josephine WIlson: I want to thank the writer for this fine piece. It deserves many readers.
- On Not Having Encountered Snow, Aged 43 (1)
- Justin Lowe: Brilliant mate.
- Postcards from ‘The Neon Cactus’ (2)
- Bradley Roberts: Great poem. I lived in Finland or eighteen months. Wonderful land
- Five O’Clock at the River (6)
- Martha Landman: Profound! Rich with images. Imaginative; so human.
- Cordite 41: TRANSPACIFIC is now live! - http://t.co/3fch0GO0f9 11:50:02 PM March 31, 2013
- Jacinta Le Plastrier on Women's Work and a Modern Classic: http://t.co/4pe2VzqSsg @AusWomenWriters @Women_on_IWD 07:53:24 AM March 25, 2013
- Aidan Coleman reviews Robert Gray: http://t.co/CuL5jIUyRS #poetry 07:50:31 AM March 25, 2013
- Bonny Cassidy reviews the mighty collected Rosemary Dobson: http://t.co/F0Hkn9V86C @UQPbooks #poetry 09:05:53 AM March 19, 2013
- Aaron Mannion reviews John Kinsella's 'The Jaguar's Dream'. http://t.co/P9C4Ni881K #australianpoetry, #poetry 07:53:31 AM March 12, 2013
At the conference lunch the industry chatterboxes turn a gavotte, then prop and scythe about the buffet loading up pot roast, pumpkin salad, rendang. Says the keynote speaker bignoting counterflow down the queue: “Hey I’m on the Be More Biodynamic …
There is only one appropriate way to begin my first news post as Managing Editor of Cordite – that being to extend, then extend further, then possibly dislocating my e-arm in extending further still, a massive thank you (for all …
“When an inner situation is not made conscious, it happens outside, as fate.” – Carl Jung Let me start by saying you are unstable. Eight deaths in eight days. At the home you thought you’d send your mum to. …
“And man shall be just that for the overman: a laughing-stock or a painful embarrassment…” — Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra At the outset, let me just say this: this poem has Tourette’s — it wanted to be …
If I had any ambition I’d make you a bouillabaisse in the Provençal in St Marks Square. To create intimacy in the poem, I turn up the volume & this piece conforms to an emergent post-OMGWTFBBQ cast in acrylic in …
“… you can’t have art without resistance in the material.” — William Morris Ah, don’t feel guilty about the GM soy in the baby formula— those activists are arsehats & breastfeeding zealots & it’s unpiloted drones dropping in on …
Dear Nuala, oh noes, you’ve left your starting-a-new-life job in the bait’n’ice for that no-hoping armed & dangerous escapee again!? It’ll just lead to headlines: Fantasist poses as playboy & Headless body in topless bar you & …
When I met you in the hall you were all inclement weather on a stony coast and you held my hand as though we were more than we could be: preppy kids in a pop-song duet retrofitting dignifying deniable half-truths …
About the face she's photovoltaic. “There's marriage to make men lecherous,” she says, “I see it all the time in characters like you.” Still, a casual mention of the yacht by Lion Island sends her into a lather. She's dramatic; …
This image, by Flannery O'Malley, was the cover image for our 23rd issue, Children of Malley”.
Flannery O'Malley was born in 1971 in a slab hut near Sassafras in the Turpentine Range. He attended the local school at Nerriga, but left at 15 after getting a job with a ride operator at the Braidwood Show. He then toured the state working at all the big shows — Bathurst, Dubbo, Cobar. He was killed tragically last year when a hydraulic ram failed on the Crazy Mouse Spinning Coaster at the Mudgee Show. This poem was found in his papers.