Artwork by Bella Li, from ‘New Gods‘ (Liminal, 2019)
Liminal and Cordite Poetry Review are seeking poems by Asian Australian writers.
Send us your single best poem!
Poems can be written texts (including micro-fiction); visual, audio or video work; or a combination of forms.
In your submission, please include a positionality statement, confirming you are a citizen of, or residing in, so-called Australia, and identify as Asian Australian. We recognise the emotional toll in ‘proving’ one’s identity, but for this project, it is a necessity. We’re trying to avoid a Michael Derrick Hudson incident.
Submissions will not be read anonymously, and will be guest edited by Bella Li.
This issue will publish in concert with critical essays commissioned for Liminal Review of Books that respond to Asian Australian writers and artists that have been published in Cordite Poetry Review over the past 25 years.
Submission to Cordite 107: LIMINAL closes 11.59pm Melbourne time 24 April 2022.
- The guest editor has sovereign selection choice for all poems submitted.
- We will only read submissions sent during our official submission periods.
- Please place one (1) poem in one (1) Word, RTF or PDF document (unless specifically noted otherwise for special issues), with no identifying details in the document itself. Please send links to game and media poems, and be sure that they are freely accessible for us to read.
- We are not able to offer feedback on individual poems.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable …