Send us your babies. Nobody puts poems in a corner. Send us your succession. Stories you won’t tell the kids that you’ll [never] have. Send your sacrificial lambs, darlings for the slaughterhouse, send fawns fed from the manger where divine miracle sleeps, tender and mild. Send us your tenderness. Your babies spoken only after dark. Send end, send apocalypse, forget the Child at the perpetual horizon of every acknowledged politics.
We’ll have you know we were assigned baby at birth. Send us what makes sense of all this mess.
We would take everything. But we can’t.
This podcast sheds some insight on how Cordite Poetry Review (and Cordite Books) works.
Submission to Cordite 111: BABY closes 11.59pm Melbourne time Sunday, 20 August 2023.
- The guest editor(s) has sovereign selection choice for all poems submitted.
- Masthead editors will also contribute to the issue.
- We will only read submissions sent during our official submission periods.
- Please place up to three (3) poems in one (1) Word, RTF or PDF document (unless specifically noted otherwise for special issues), with no identifying details in the document itself.
- We are not able to offer feedback on individual poems.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable …