We want poems that POP! Think pop culture, pop art, pop music, popcorn, pop rocks. Poems in the shape of a soup can. Ghazals with Bieber Fever. Sonnets with square eyes. Give us bubblegum poems. Channel-surfing poems.
Elegies for Kylie’s gold hot pants. Villanelles for Villanelle. Odes that taste of Cherry Chapstick. Juxtapose the Yang to your Grey. Give us cantos that dance it out. Poems with the same three chords.
Oops, I enjambed (again). Hold me closer, tiny stanza. Say yes to the stressed vowel! Enter the Meme Cinematic Universe (MCU). Is this … a poem? A Q Continuum quatrain? Broken rhyme’s back — all right.
This podcast sheds some insight on how Cordite Poetry Review (and Cordite Books) works.
Submission to Cordite 110: POP! closes 11.59pm Melbourne time Sunday, 21 May 2023.
- The guest editor(s) has sovereign selection choice for all poems submitted.
- Masthead editors will also contribute to the issue.
- We will only read submissions sent during our official submission periods.
- Please place up to three (3) poems in one (1) Word, RTF or PDF document (unless specifically noted otherwise for special issues), with no identifying details in the document itself.
- We are not able to offer feedback on individual poems.
- Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable …