- 85: UNPRINTABLEwith J R Carpenter and Benjamin Laird (submit away!) 82: LANDwith James Stuart and Jane Gibian (submit away!) 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge (closed) 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with Fiona Wright and Omar Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with Matthew Hall and Sophie Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with Kent MacCarter and Shane Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with Louis Armand and Helen Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with Josephine Rowe and Michael Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Chloe Wilson Reviews David McCooey
- Review Short: Lynley Edmeades’s As the Verb Tenses
- Jen Jewel Brown Reviews Dig: Australian Rock and Pop Music 1960-85
- John Clarke’s Complete Verse
- Rachael Mead Reviews Stuart Cooke
- Review Short: Eileen Chong’s Painting Red Orchids
- Review Short: Elif Sezen’s Universal Mother
- Paul Munden Reviews The Best Australian Poems 2016
- Liam Ferney Reviews Cassie Lewis
- Alice Allan Reviews Watching the World: Impressions of Canberra
- Introduction to Tanya Thaweeskulchai’s A Salivating Monstrous Plant
- Michael Aiken Reviews Dave Drayton
- Owen Bullock Reviews Alan Loney
- Review Short: Holly Isemonger’s Deluxe Paperweight and Jessica Cham’s premium pastoral poetry
- Review Short: Anthony Lawrence’s Headwaters
- EKPHRASTIC Editorial: Poetry that Sees
- J S Harry’s ‘tunnel vision’, Vicious Sydney and The Car Story
- Ekphrasis as ‘Event’: Poets Paint Words and the ‘Performance’ of Ekphrasis in Australia
- ‘Often Said Apologetically’: Merryn Sommerville’s Child of the High Seas
- Tunnel Vision
- Interview with Sidney Nolan (Ella O’Keefe edit)
- Is Contemporary Australian Poetry Contemporary Australian Poetry?
- An Extra Oyster for the Doctors
- John Woodcock Graves the younger [with] Truganini
- APOLLON MUSAGÈTE
The following poems are excerpted from Nikos Nomikos’s Σημειωμένες Διαφάνειες (Noted Transparencies), a collection of thirty poem-vignettes originally published in Greek in 2003. This translation is the first installment of a larger translation project aimed at bringing Nomikos’s poetry to the attention of the wider English-speaking literary community in Australia.
Over a career spanning more than thirty years many critics have praised John Foulcher’s skill at ‘capturing a moment’. The simplicity of such an observation, however, is no platitude considering how fully Foulcher achieves this. 101 Poems is a retrospective collection that shows the poet’s ability to illustrate how time can be clear and immediate.
Coming straight at your inner eardrums is the debut volume of Audacious, the audio journal of Melbourne Spoken Word. Like a night at Passionate Tongues, or an afternoon at the Dan, this collection presents a variety of poets at different levels of artistic development. Some are seasoned and in full flight, while others are up-and-comers still finding their voice. In this volume at least, Audacious offers more of the latter.