1. important to feel comfortable can I borrow a
chair skin grafts collage? with nothing extraneous.
extra news: the brow paper snake’s eating a space egg
plot hatches & thickens ghost w/diarrhoea has its
head in my eye cleft socket. vacancy cut outs
dance round it stag beetle bat drawing on book
valley with machine guns. 2 heads better than I esp
when they are 1. vacancy jags holiday lion down
horses face melts traces a dough head. porcupine –
grey – in my head.
2. blue uncanny’s trotter emitting fence of dots → weaker
pastel head w/ breast imprint touching elderly black
smoke thicker fur of dots draped over b. miscloven
math pork chop sprays blue seahorse gauze 3 towers severed
hound by water & chlorophyll dropping into cormorant
w/ swollen breast wolf // cormorant from legs
under sheets one tenting other pointing oily
lightning of gloom & pasted on grocery bag
another corm. ejects → margin at westerly ballerina
leaping shadow of grey muscle
3. black cutout shows broken mickey elephant man.
blunt worm/black feathers & arrows eating slum flattered w/
red fossils & leaf skeletons
beige shape of difficult vague situation.
pool makes u-grey ice cubes
bowels of head, black thing dips its trunk, blocks
another lying leg. perfect almost.
nice creep, 2 heads, smoking, thinking, amid Caesar
ghosts. he? is lazy & has a furry friend, black
than he is.
warming middle patched forward temper
missed precise purchase fold crumpled apricot
coconut amber follow flow canberra paper
serious erupted capable precious forceful grouped
handled fitting responsive necrophiliac corrupt
cool short loose appearance trippy total laine
nacreous crooning deep shallow formless formful
farm charm chalk stalks trips creeps tepidity
focus squiggled lid trumpet tempest torment
topiary tropical tactical touching tumid garbled
gaping gusty hogad draped demystifying
depressed dusty/dusky borrowed
bronze shadows heaped.
after the final no.
Written at Amber Wallis’s painting show, Circle of Eagles, at Utopian Slumps, 2009.
Typed by Corey Wakeling, with thanks. Last 2 lines taken from Wallace Stevens/head.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 92: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Review Short: Iris Fan Xing’s South of Words
- Aidan Coleman Reviews New and Selected Poems of Anna Wickham
- Ivy Ireland Reviews Ali Whitelock’s and my heart crumples like a coke can
- Editorial to AFRO AUSTRALIAN
- 4 Works by Guled Abdulwasi
- The Platonic Split
- you have no idea how far i swam
- To the still
- Garden of Grace
- Bloody QnA
- The Physics of Self
- Life Poem
- go ahead, call it magic
- Chalk to Charcoal
- (un) learning
- 3 Sisters
- Blood Fuel
- Raelee Lancaster Reviews Alison Whittaker’s Blakwork
- Alex Creece Reviews Marion May Campbell’s third body
- Ivy Ireland Reviews Steve Armstrong
- Magan Magan Reviews deciBels 3
- Claire Albrecht Reviews Manisha Anjali’s Sugar Kane Woman