1. important to feel comfortable can I borrow a
chair skin grafts collage? with nothing extraneous.
extra news: the brow paper snake’s eating a space egg
plot hatches & thickens ghost w/diarrhoea has its
head in my eye cleft socket. vacancy cut outs
dance round it stag beetle bat drawing on book
valley with machine guns. 2 heads better than I esp
when they are 1. vacancy jags holiday lion down
horses face melts traces a dough head. porcupine –
grey – in my head.
2. blue uncanny’s trotter emitting fence of dots → weaker
pastel head w/ breast imprint touching elderly black
smoke thicker fur of dots draped over b. miscloven
math pork chop sprays blue seahorse gauze 3 towers severed
hound by water & chlorophyll dropping into cormorant
w/ swollen breast wolf // cormorant from legs
under sheets one tenting other pointing oily
lightning of gloom & pasted on grocery bag
another corm. ejects → margin at westerly ballerina
leaping shadow of grey muscle
3. black cutout shows broken mickey elephant man.
blunt worm/black feathers & arrows eating slum flattered w/
red fossils & leaf skeletons
beige shape of difficult vague situation.
pool makes u-grey ice cubes
bowels of head, black thing dips its trunk, blocks
another lying leg. perfect almost.
nice creep, 2 heads, smoking, thinking, amid Caesar
ghosts. he? is lazy & has a furry friend, black
than he is.
warming middle patched forward temper
missed precise purchase fold crumpled apricot
coconut amber follow flow canberra paper
serious erupted capable precious forceful grouped
handled fitting responsive necrophiliac corrupt
cool short loose appearance trippy total laine
nacreous crooning deep shallow formless formful
farm charm chalk stalks trips creeps tepidity
focus squiggled lid trumpet tempest torment
topiary tropical tactical touching tumid garbled
gaping gusty hogad draped demystifying
depressed dusty/dusky borrowed
bronze shadows heaped.
after the final no.
Written at Amber Wallis’s painting show, Circle of Eagles, at Utopian Slumps, 2009.
Typed by Corey Wakeling, with thanks. Last 2 lines taken from Wallace Stevens/head.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Jennifer Mackenzie Reviews Elif Sezen’s A little book of unspoken history
- Introduction to Charmaine Papertalk Green’s Nganajungu Yagu
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair
- small town lazarus
- from Red Black & Blues