In the middle of the map they put Medea.
As if to say of the site DO NOT ENTER.
As if to admit how they had provoked her.
HAZCHEM: a warning almost invocation.
Lord of the poison, sacred their mission.
That nuclear familiar wasp-sting of a sign.
She: triangle or angular. She: triangulating
all causes, all histories, all laws and all lines,
infectious connections she chews to the horizon.
Late Old English curs, of unknown origin;
no word of similar form and sense is known in Germanic, Romanic, or Celtic.
rising from aquifers salt ghost vengeful
kinstrife betrayal voices persistent
crying out birth scars here’s your physician
open cut mouth or slickwater microfractures
“reducing friction” right in the womb
take that motherfucker take that kidkiller
white ulcer written on living tissue
skulls in museums labelled in cursive
An utterance consigning, or supposed or intended to consign, (a person or thing)
rape rape rape is an “insult
to our [his] honour” is
to spiritual and temporal evil, the vengeance of the deity, the blasting of
the sticking-of in is the politics
of take, saying “virgin land” saying
peak oil Peak oil PEAK oil does it
malignant fate, etc. It may be uttered by the deity, or by persons supposed
get you hot (like to wallow) follow follow
the shockwaves to swim in poison calling
leak at every turn, shale the safe stuffed
to speak in his name, or to be listened to by him.
In its various uses the opposite of blessing.
sweet raintrickle through earthskin
whisper the dry through
wordmaps cave to cave place to place
pooling in dark/worldthroat
speaking its slow song
living water living stone the upthrust living
nets of whole
you take it in your steely hand
aerial map the veins
break the vessel open
suck out the blood
discard the husk
songtalk lovetouch story
drying leaves in the wind
carcass fell & rot
still red still hot
lips still singing
shesong snaketongue to
all our names lovegiven
all our names soft pretties
& complex experiment
the nettle of grasp/gasp/rasp/
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Introduction to Zenobia Frost’s After the Demolition
- Phillip Hall Reviews Robert Harris’s The Gang of One: Selected Poems
- Adam Ford Reviews Rae White’s Milk Teeth and Anders Villani’s Aril Wire
- Jennifer Mackenzie Reviews Elif Sezen’s A little book of unspoken history
- Introduction to Charmaine Papertalk Green’s Nganajungu Yagu
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair