Lingo as a last keen sanctuary for the purpose come to the circle
who saw philosophy and then turned back.
The coral and the woods, and the ankle blisters from biting,
were better, so we went. Then of course you think of his Fremantle
and the aeronautics stories, his confidence,
your pauper’s dreams of sailing, a generally spare
reference to an abstract agriculture.
Better the excitement became devotion in the Darling Ranges,
where you visited together and felt less, because
it was the first time for some and not for you, and not being
the first time for you a kind of conservation-seeming
became the incorporated hamlets of satellite vocations
to serve a Shiva committee ruling. Shiva says that
this many arms moving will not look like many arms moving
but instead like the pulse of a turbine. Ruling:
you are now the listless spinning of an introduced maple leaf.
Disinclined to speak during the visits they made
to parade the diet of the new committee, they kept rebuilding
that red brick church you admired for the squatters on its lawn
who hated it. The public phone nearby especially,
sometimes a family, sometimes a protest,
struck with lingo in parasite engraving making liquor pursed
in. Forgetting sovereign statues clung to by the random,
the certain took in careless sure steps,
and now that you are the clung-to, people assume
that they might qualify the grip, but it must cling onwards
because it is now the snorkel in odium and mercury.
You are now vitreous with the sandstorm, better aqueous
among those stalemated. This is because it can in portions
be the solar and the platelet, and the conspiracies are only fertile
with the metamorphic table of elements, like when
a city dilettante, once a rustic, now ancient but miniature tree,
says that with his acres of mucuous he is more concerned
that the sponge hasn’t been emptied.
You delete all lines that refer to a sponge as a person,
except this one, which is an undestined life boat
carried suddenly to the breach of earth. It never comes back,
thankfully. You have sent the question of a lifeboat forwards
and away to be again the livid humours of the one
who lies by the sponge, forgives but confirms that
the sponge hasn’t been emptied, and then go back towards
the richly tensile and stern corpus of a marinade transference.
It’s better to care that we are stories in transit to become transit
than to believe that the dairy industry has a civic terminus
in a taller food circuit.
Precious grin, intransitive art, we transfer
like a conference as conference furnace farms. It is better
to have seen sharply the goodness of recursion.
We are assassins surprising assassins, perfect with the pace.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 94: EARTHSUBMIT to M Takolander 93: PEACHCOMING SOONwith L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIIwith C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Submission to Cordite 94: EARTH
- NO THEME VIII Editorial
- ‘A means of resistance’: Susie Anderson Interviews Alison Whittaker
- 10 Works by Richard Bell
- Shipwrecks in Modern European Painting and Poetry: Radical Mobilisation of the Motif as Political Protest
- 4 Self-translations by Danijela Trajković
- Brutalism: Poems by Alex Creece
- Imperfect Growth: a Travel Log
- 4 Translated Kim Seung-hee Poems
- Residence: Dwelling with The Shards (an essay)
- The Shards
- in yr swimming pool
- Sonar for Conception
- The slow clock
- nanny on the water
- Vernal Funks & Bluffs
- I’d Have Called Her Sooner
- Call of Summer
- Sunday, call me a squid
- Mother Bird
- The Wrong Colour
- Milk River
- House fitting : surprisingly