i lap up macadamia fuzz in a middle aged stroll of the ‘nature’. espying a roof rack
means change the world instead, or try on sunglasses ingested by a seven-eleven,
or read emily bitto’s poem & feign a partner’s formal awareness. hum,
like mythic solitary couples sparse atop ‘fauna’.
anyway you’re bubbly. & less lcd in spirit becalmed in those spurts. as spun
wool wet suited & vast they find nothing in my head no feeling no tartan
gift wrapping (though such curling patterns fuck around in dreams, wax
semi-porous opinion). a vaseline moment & a ‘perfect’ sticker
affixed to my clothes. all hot, lovely, or so
my jaw speculates.
over to gorgon youths barraging the heads. girls venture further
& nakeder to peruse the bluster. a blyton shark net hole looses seals
& one lone stingray, a smoker, a maverick snorkeler, is fictional.
living bends my spine in & out of that stuporific posture, a useful
talking point. we meandered into the joust talk like sand djinns,
far-limited by day… now bleached into a pathetic fade of umber,
as a footnote of who will hold the mantle? years ahead in what
might be glum future, else bank queues he stops to borrow
all your stuff – hat flippers coat wallet – with me a carefree grin
they can only breed, then locks under the spume with definite
activity / mindful of things i disappear. awful profundity in the wind.
the huntsman’s legs extended with a passing thunderhead.
our party has become a spider, grappling to predict equal change in feeding ritual.
lime infused tea vomits a vapour of muzak to our traversal of polarization of
digital means – to move / to get static / to tape ‘obstinate’ & bend it through a
low-pass filter, to imagine only the background level subject matter ever:
irony as a head slap / falling from a car after. you’re a tool.
you could enter into more details. then, there. an academic reference
to richard gere’s rehearsed lines seems slight, in hindsight.
i discovered the tomes on everything (passing forest, firetrails named
after his grave, packets of ‘big things’ & the website to back you up)
but everyone else is incapable of feeling the same awkward.
in houses bereft of for sale signs, boats parked round the side, we’ll straggle
down a murderous side-path not obvious to light. here’s a picnic bench,
a council bin. streaks of wind across some dwindle of bay.
i’m seeking resonance. rub cream into the stings,
& elsewhere, all quarters pleasurable.
the bream flounders under his stern gaze. no worries
blown across, telegraphed as a sentence, whole.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 91: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 90: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Magan Magan Reviews deciBels 3
- Claire Albrecht Reviews Manisha Anjali’s Sugar Kane Woman
- Review Short: Simeon Kronenberg’s Distance
- Review Short: Judith Beveridge’s Sun Music: New and Selected Poems
- Melody Paloma Reviews Keri Glastonbury
- Submission to Cordite 91: NO THEME VIII
- Judith Bishop Reviews Phillip Hall’s Fume
- Bella Li on as Associate Publisher
- Alex Creece on as Production Editor
- Review Short: Diane Fahey’s November Journal and Carmen Leigh Keates’s Meteorites
- Review Short: Vahni Capildeo’s Seas and Trees and Jennifer Harrison’s Air Variations
- To Outlive a Home: Poetics of a Crumbling Domestic
- ‘The Rally Is Calling’: Dashiell Moore Interviews Lionel Fogarty
- Jackie Ryan: Teaser to Burger Force 3
- Dispatch from the Future Fish
- Introduction to Cordite 89: DOMESTIC
- 7 Portraits by Ali Gumillya Baker
- Selections from 3 Yhonnie Scarce Series
- Kathy Acker and The Viewing Room
- To Live There: on ‘Dispatch from the Future Fish’
- The Wild Workshop: The Ghost of a Brontëan Childhood in the Life of Dorothy Hewett
- Externalising the Symptom: Radicalised Youth and The Membrane
- On Deep Breaths and Friends Forever: Im/materiality and Mis/communication in Happy Angels Revisited
- Letter to Anne Carson: Work of Remembrance and Mourning
- Translated Extracts from Chantal Danjou
- Translations from Old English
- The Poets: Pejk Malinovski Self-translates