I use thirst as a guide to how much to drink.
You absorb more toxins breathing in a hot shower
than you do by drinking tap water all day.
Evening seems fine.
Nothing else has changed.
I’m good now.
The needs of detainees are complex.
From bedroom to bedroom an
increased amount of graffiti.
I’m worried that this is all because I
can’t make the break from what I know.
I’m having trouble at work with judgements
of my ability and trustworthiness
or being assertive enough to say
this isn’t where I choose to go.
I’m wary about people visiting.
I try to avoid thinking about the
permeable membrane between
TV and the internet.
When you blame the problems
on porn, you’re telling yourself,
“Porn has me in a headlock.”
Complex pieces of assistive technology include
complex computerised communication devices.
Positive relationships don’t just happen.
I’m blessed because my Dad and Mum are
alive to help each other along the way.
I fill in the blanks, but that’s
how we get things done.
I agree it would be better for boys
to make their own decisions later.
Personally, I don’t care
if you do cartwheels
naked in the shower
so long as you aren’t
impeding my routine.
I wouldn’t mind being naked next to a guy
in a shower or sauna or whatever because
I’m comfortable with my body.
Using Rhesus monkeys with artificial hearts
I turned traditional presumptions about
sex and marriage on their head.
So that’s why I’m going in again.
Can I find love if I’m depressed?
I’m in my 40s and people my age don’t
compare to the 23-year-old I married.
I long got tired of all this mess.
I don’t want to be part of this.
I have so much more confidence.
I’m really happy with my results.
My life has meaning because I’m still
here and all the possibilities I have.
I’m increasingly aware that
my time is being well spent.
I advance my privacy settings.
I get involved. I develop.
I spread. I give feedback.
A substance appears coloured
because it absorbs light.
I’m probably not much different than most people.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Introduction to Zenobia Frost’s After the Demolition
- Phillip Hall Reviews Robert Harris’s The Gang of One: Selected Poems
- Adam Ford Reviews Rae White’s Milk Teeth and Anders Villani’s Aril Wire
- Jennifer Mackenzie Reviews Elif Sezen’s A little book of unspoken history
- Introduction to Charmaine Papertalk Green’s Nganajungu Yagu
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair