- 84: UNPRINTABLEwith J R Carpenter and Benjamin Laird (submit away!) 81: LANDwith James Stuart and Jane Gibian (submit away!) 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge (closed) 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with Fiona Wright and Omar Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with Matthew Hall and Sophie Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with Kent MacCarter and Shane Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with Louis Armand and Helen Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with Josephine Rowe and Michael Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Paul Munden Reviews The Best Australian Poems 2016
- Liam Ferney Reviews Cassie Lewis
- Alice Allan Reviews Watching the World: Impressions of Canberra
- Introduction to Tanya Thaweeskulchai’s A Salivating Monstrous Plant
- Michael Aiken Reviews Dave Drayton
- Owen Bullock Reviews Alan Loney
- Review Short: Holly Isemonger’s Deluxe Paperweight and Jessica Cham’s premium pastoral poetry
- Review Short: Anthony Lawrence’s Headwaters
- EKPHRASTIC Editorial: Poetry that Sees
- J S Harry’s ‘tunnel vision’, Vicious Sydney and The Car Story
- Ekphrasis as ‘Event’: Poets Paint Words and the ‘Performance’ of Ekphrasis in Australia
- ‘Often Said Apologetically’: Merryn Sommerville’s Child of the High Seas
- Tunnel Vision
- Interview with Sidney Nolan (Ella O’Keefe edit)
- Is Contemporary Australian Poetry Contemporary Australian Poetry?
- An Extra Oyster for the Doctors
- John Woodcock Graves the younger [with] Truganini
- APOLLON MUSAGÈTE
- after infatuation—ross bleckner—oil on linen
- Gouache, Sheep Skulls, Fence Bracket
- Anatomy for the Blind
- The Pioneer
- Interior with Figures
- Miro’s Eyes
- Autumnal Cannibalism
Dave Drayton’s Haiturograms is a brief but confounding volume, available as a free PDF download and print-to-order book from Sydney-based SOd press. Like Drayton’s other work, HaiturogramS is driven by formal constraint and innovation within that constraint.
Zoe Dzunko’s beautifully designed Selfless, published by TAR Chapbook Series, is similarly immersed in appearances and reflections – both mirror images and the act of rumination – of her many selves.
In the nonfiction poetry issue of Axon that she co-edited with Ali Alizadeh, Jessica L Wilkinson highlights the impact that Jordie Albiston’s The Hanging of Jean Lee had on her as an undergraduate in 2001. Albiston’s collection is a poetic biography of Lee, the last woman to be executed in Australia. Wilkinson would later be influenced by Susan Howe – whose practice both informed and was a focus of Wilkinson’s doctoral study – to found Rabbit: a Journal of Non-fiction Poetry in 2011; however, a line can be traced from the early impact of Albiston’s book, to the journal, and on to the fledgling Rabbit Poets Series, which began with Albiston’s XIII Poems in 2013.
past planet PAST hash kibitz hurtle zone PLANET advice gift HASHURTLEDDO KIBITZONEARTHS eddo earths ADVICEYESAVINE eyes tsking savine gods GIFTSKINGODS garish sins AGOGARISHOLD BABIESINSTORKS agog babies SNAKESPITOUTER hold storks snakes wake WAKEMOTERISE touter rise BEGINS LIFE spit emoter begins life …