I mean: It is the impact of speaking to you again, now you are dead.
Strands of your hair against my skin and petrol fuming. A hole
in the windscreen and your empty seat. Blindness
after the on coming light. I mean: There was this accident.
I woke with images in my fingers: your bent shadowface with in my spiral print.
Blood offered a mirrored surface. I watched your reflection dry
into non being are you listening? I would sing to you but do not have the breath.
Would you listen then? Move your eyes again?
My heart is compressed chambers, flooded by collision: the desire for movement
at speed. The bend came with rushing light, windscreen beckoned: last threshold
first flight, launch velocity reached in an instant you parted glass aperture
for moon seen in red blue red blue red blue lights,
light my heart from inside: it is far too dark in here.
A tyre spinning against the blown out sky holds my attention.
Bright animals come with sand for this new ocean floor.
The sea withdrew tomorrow left me stranded, took you.
I mean: There was this accident. Everyone woke up dead, not everyone woke up
up dead. There were lots of dead. I mean: up side down fast sparks lifted
from my hair. Up side down glass shifted. Up side down arms dangled
hands puffed up, swollen with blood and head. My head was full blood.
Too full blood in side out. Too much blood came out, out came too much up side
down me up side down you out side down looking with dead sheep eyes wide open wide.
Are you listening? I mean: There was this accident.
Bright animals are cutting my frame do I exist in their world
of breathe breathe breathe? My flesh sack lured into space by gravitational pull
of bright moons, the blatant scope of the sky an irrepressible expansion.
Stars shed skin across a car's underbelly: exhaust, suspension, drive shaft.
I orbit. Time reflects off moving parts, a relative perception, light's receding deflection:
drive exhaust shaft suspension
I orbit. Hear the human watch garden: billions of ticking time pieces craving
union. A breathing plantation of gilded gold cogs chewing time.
I orbit. See a distant rotation: red blue red blue red blue lights,
light my heart from inside, Mother it is far too dark out here. I orbit
your empty seat speaking my on coming blind ness
your stranded hair fuming petrol through a void in the windscreaming
are you listening? I mean: There was this accident.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 91: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 90: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Review Short: Simeon Kronenberg’s Distance
- Review Short: Judith Beveridge’s Sun Music: New and Selected Poems
- Melody Paloma Reviews Keri Glastonbury
- Submission to Cordite 91: NO THEME VIII
- Judith Bishop Reviews Phillip Hall’s Fume
- Bella Li on as Associate Publisher
- Alex Creece on as Production Editor
- Review Short: Diane Fahey’s November Journal and Carmen Leigh Keates’s Meteorites
- Review Short: Vahni Capildeo’s Seas and Trees and Jennifer Harrison’s Air Variations
- To Outlive a Home: Poetics of a Crumbling Domestic
- ‘The Rally Is Calling’: Dashiell Moore Interviews Lionel Fogarty
- Jackie Ryan: Teaser to Burger Force 3
- Dispatch from the Future Fish
- Introduction to Cordite 89: DOMESTIC
- 7 Portraits by Ali Gumillya Baker
- Selections from 3 Yhonnie Scarce Series
- Kathy Acker and The Viewing Room
- To Live There: on ‘Dispatch from the Future Fish’
- The Wild Workshop: The Ghost of a Brontëan Childhood in the Life of Dorothy Hewett
- Externalising the Symptom: Radicalised Youth and The Membrane
- On Deep Breaths and Friends Forever: Im/materiality and Mis/communication in Happy Angels Revisited
- Letter to Anne Carson: Work of Remembrance and Mourning
- Translated Extracts from Chantal Danjou
- Translations from Old English
- The Poets: Pejk Malinovski Self-translates
- Carnage, Crosses and Curiosity: 13 Images by Yvette Holt
- Body of Sound