I mean: It is the impact of speaking to you again, now you are dead.
Strands of your hair against my skin and petrol fuming. A hole
in the windscreen and your empty seat. Blindness
after the on coming light. I mean: There was this accident.
I woke with images in my fingers: your bent shadowface with in my spiral print.
Blood offered a mirrored surface. I watched your reflection dry
into non being are you listening? I would sing to you but do not have the breath.
Would you listen then? Move your eyes again?
My heart is compressed chambers, flooded by collision: the desire for movement
at speed. The bend came with rushing light, windscreen beckoned: last threshold
first flight, launch velocity reached in an instant you parted glass aperture
for moon seen in red blue red blue red blue lights,
light my heart from inside: it is far too dark in here.
A tyre spinning against the blown out sky holds my attention.
Bright animals come with sand for this new ocean floor.
The sea withdrew tomorrow left me stranded, took you.
I mean: There was this accident. Everyone woke up dead, not everyone woke up
up dead. There were lots of dead. I mean: up side down fast sparks lifted
from my hair. Up side down glass shifted. Up side down arms dangled
hands puffed up, swollen with blood and head. My head was full blood.
Too full blood in side out. Too much blood came out, out came too much up side
down me up side down you out side down looking with dead sheep eyes wide open wide.
Are you listening? I mean: There was this accident.
Bright animals are cutting my frame do I exist in their world
of breathe breathe breathe? My flesh sack lured into space by gravitational pull
of bright moons, the blatant scope of the sky an irrepressible expansion.
Stars shed skin across a car's underbelly: exhaust, suspension, drive shaft.
I orbit. Time reflects off moving parts, a relative perception, light's receding deflection:
drive exhaust shaft suspension
I orbit. Hear the human watch garden: billions of ticking time pieces craving
union. A breathing plantation of gilded gold cogs chewing time.
I orbit. See a distant rotation: red blue red blue red blue lights,
light my heart from inside, Mother it is far too dark out here. I orbit
your empty seat speaking my on coming blind ness
your stranded hair fuming petrol through a void in the windscreaming
are you listening? I mean: There was this accident.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 94: EARTHSUBMIT to M Takolander 93: PEACHCOMING SOONwith L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIIwith C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Submission to Cordite 94: EARTH
- NO THEME VIII Editorial
- ‘A means of resistance’: Susie Anderson Interviews Alison Whittaker
- 10 Works by Richard Bell
- Shipwrecks in Modern European Painting and Poetry: Radical Mobilisation of the Motif as Political Protest
- 4 Self-translations by Danijela Trajković
- Brutalism: Poems by Alex Creece
- Imperfect Growth: a Travel Log
- 4 Translated Kim Seung-hee Poems
- Residence: Dwelling with The Shards (an essay)
- The Shards
- in yr swimming pool
- Sonar for Conception
- The slow clock
- nanny on the water
- Vernal Funks & Bluffs
- I’d Have Called Her Sooner
- Call of Summer
- Sunday, call me a squid
- Mother Bird
- The Wrong Colour
- Milk River
- House fitting : surprisingly