i) Mom + Dad Hug
Have the couple half hug
with their arms crossing in the front.
Tell Mom to slightly lean
her head into Dad.
ii) Family of 5 Standing
Have Mom and Dad stand together
and ask Dad to put his hands in his pockets.
Tell Mom to turn toward Dad
and ‘hug’ his arm.
Ask older, taller children to stand
beside Mom and Dad
with one shoulder tucked
behind whichever parent is beside them.
Then bring in any younger children
and pose them in front.
iii) Mom + Dad Arm Hug
Have Dad stand first with his
hands in his pockets (thumbs out).
Then place Mom beside him
and ask her to hug his arm.
If they seem uncomfortable,
ask them to make silly faces
at each other
to loosen them up.
iv) Family of 5 Sitting
Modified cheerleader pose for Mom.
Same pose for Dad, but with his knee up
and his arm resting on that knee.
Bring in the older children
on the outside of Mom and Dad.
Have them sit modified cheerleader
or criss-crossed. To show connection,
tell them to link arms
with the parent beside them.
Bring in the youngest child last.
If they are young enough,
have them sit on Mom or Dad’s laps.
Try to use them to fill any empty spaces
between older family members.
v) Family of 4 Sitting
Place Mom and Dad first
in the standard Mom and Dad sitting pose.
Then bring in the children.
Have the older child sit beside Dad
in a modified cheerleader pose
and lean into him,
resting his arm on his raised knee.
Place the younger child either in Mom’s lap
or beside her in the same position
as his brother, but mirrored.
vi) Stop and Kiss
While walking away,
have Mom and Dad stop
and kiss over the child
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIIwith C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- NO THEME VIII Editorial
- ‘A means of resistance’: Susie Anderson Interviews Alison Whittaker
- 10 Works by Richard Bell
- Shipwrecks in Modern European Painting and Poetry: Radical Mobilisation of the Motif as Political Protest
- 4 Self-translations by Danijela Trajković
- Brutalism: Poems by Alex Creece
- Imperfect Growth: a Travel Log
- 4 Translated Kim Seung-hee Poems
- Residence: Dwelling with The Shards (an essay)
- The Shards
- in yr swimming pool
- Sonar for Conception
- The slow clock
- nanny on the water
- Vernal Funks & Bluffs
- I’d Have Called Her Sooner
- Call of Summer
- Sunday, call me a squid
- Mother Bird
- The Wrong Colour
- Milk River
- House fitting : surprisingly
- Farewell to Sweet Pea