Wormwood hotspot, but narrow berth aping El Paso heat
on the Great Northern Highway
between civic duties. Diffident arsehole bristles in the glade
but for convent up the way
nun patience chides the rough diamantine of
the standard liquored shoes and fountain foam gush gained
said it was all our doing known done wilful intent,
it will get you nine years no parole upon it stumble, come truth.
Wet livid bitumen.
No amor fati.
Quaint appeal to the billabong suffering, cut me above clavicle,
Blood-let swine kingdom swoons and by god am I loose.
Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily Merrily Creek.
She is wilder, circles like a vulture. Get that maggot.
The miniature soul let is a music box dancer with a swinging dick.
Apparently lending your lips moved the maudlin, witness
to evacuation since the moralists are all taken,
hence pucker for the coming weld of drama.
And you, écriture: beware the car industry! Swerve and roll
in Mazda, because we do not mince you, we dice.
Hot brand our paraph the quincunx in your side.
I is scumbags
if the grease pit haggles for our prize maggot for meat hunk,
sewer’s consent, the scum behind the eyeballs is chocolate éclair and cellulite.
O inscrutable flesh to insurmountable retrenchment at
blip desk, if this were traffic control at Perth Airport
then Sint Eustatius, grey no charter with brained bikie. Pie in the sky thigh.
Stark handsome, if you know where to look, what to soften, which starch
Before masturbation, we smoked.
Now Australians march the undead through emphysema follies,
papacy of higher society censors the terminal scoliosis of its plots.
Australian Club: your spine is independently wizened louche.
Old dead bloke sizar and avatar of the moral tradition of his age,
I may not smoke, but millet porridge get up.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Introduction to Charmaine Papertalk Green’s Nganajungu Yagu
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair
- small town lazarus
- from Red Black & Blues
- Logical Fallacies of Alien