for Sean O’Callaghan
A Kalashnikov, is an AK-47.
Americium, is an actinide, and has
an Atomic number of 95. The sun, is 93 million miles away.
The word punch (in Hindustani) means 5.
The Dead are mourned, in Muslim cultures for 40 days.
5 and 6 are a Ruth-Aaron pair. 12,648,430 (in
hexadecimal) is C0FFEE, and coffee troubles the mind.
There are 6 feet in a fathom; 16 people in
a tug-of-war; 8 one end & 8 the other. Love is
a score of nothing. “81”, the symbol of the Archangel;
“59”, a stupid number; say “Sorry” / “Sorry!”
The Torah commands you to love, respect, and
protect a stranger — 36 times! Talking about, talking
the hind leg off a donkey; the √2, is irrational.
72º, room-temperature. When David slew Goliath he had
5 stones on him. In Neo Nazi circles “28” stands
for Blood & Honour. Shostakovich scored with
a Symphony in B flat (minor). 10 – 9, say again. 10 – 2, copy!
An Arabic proverb sez, to understand a people, you
have to live with ‘em for 40 days. 47 is the telephone number
of Norway. The length of a cricket pitch ______ 22 yards.
There are 86 metals in the Periodic Table. The .45 belongs to
the Smith’n’Western. The 13th Hour, is the hour
of darkness; “25”, the name of a card game in Ireland.
Psalm 101 tells us to lead a blameless life. And as
we Exit those bars and side-streets, and all those
nights of excesses, we fall asleep (mixing up all our
emotions, with listening) to the BBC. The sun, is 93 million
miles away. The Atomic number of Rhodium is 45.
There are 17 strokes in a Chinese ideogram.
Picasso completed Guernica at 55. The word punch (in
Hindustani) means “close by”. There are 18 wheels
on the back of a trailer, and 1 makes 5.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 92: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Aidan Coleman Reviews New and Selected Poems of Anna Wickham
- Ivy Ireland Reviews Ali Whitelock’s and my heart crumples like a coke can
- Editorial to AFRO AUSTRALIAN
- 4 Works by Guled Abdulwasi
- The Platonic Split
- you have no idea how far i swam
- To the still
- Garden of Grace
- Bloody QnA
- The Physics of Self
- Life Poem
- go ahead, call it magic
- Chalk to Charcoal
- (un) learning
- 3 Sisters
- Blood Fuel
- Raelee Lancaster Reviews Alison Whittaker’s Blakwork
- Alex Creece Reviews Marion May Campbell’s third body
- Ivy Ireland Reviews Steve Armstrong
- Magan Magan Reviews deciBels 3
- Claire Albrecht Reviews Manisha Anjali’s Sugar Kane Woman
- Review Short: Simeon Kronenberg’s Distance