The bronze traveller is feeling
at the top of the world
a lake, slim and all tinctures following
azure to cobalt to snot. It makes a vault the painted
monarchies, Lord Brown or Sir Sam Jonah, emperors of the cryosphere
their hydraulic gesture spanning aeons, their hands shot blue flame.
One wears a cape of phytoplankton blooms
green up greedy consumers surveyed depths off Peterhead, off Drax.
Having arrived here by tanker
no other remedy but the cheerful fantastic technofix:
Martian ships lofting aerosols,
gauzy microbubbles to necklace shores.
Glass beads (oh look so great) wear away a trillion ice creams
colonies of moss piglets recruited to eat air.
From space whose fears are too modest, the risks outgassing
from unscannable concrete small haptic theories of labour
all the models are insincerely gentle; air bubbles
ziplocked in ice pop alerts for future prosody.
400 ppm news invention, photopheresis
loosens the energies contained in generations
of stupid hungry death
into a strangulated hernia hung on Greenland,
court processes also to the climate forcings required
to blast open Siberian history with a 50 gigaton
methane pulse, and bring the extinct back to life
and extremophiles to the throne. The sea eats iron-rich dust
as basal melt brings intimacy to Harvard, pan handle, Dhaka.
The Arctic giants canonize Frobisher, plant
jerries and lay claim to the garrisons of the Northern
Sea Route with their nodding stills:
these are the contours of glacial minimum, the slim lake
acquires depth and prudish amory, artists and others such as
voting stockers need to cool down / locked in crystal lattices
where the benthic unconscious thrives on sinking expectations,
and especially on the heaviness of dead things.
The ice hosts a methane party still formation.
In time its fake gabion dissolves.
What you see into boundless poetic crystal
liberates its prisoners, who disperse immediately
into the humid pulsing air
and hunt us and blind us and drive us backward
to the absolute futuristic sea.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Introduction to Charmaine Papertalk Green’s Nganajungu Yagu
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair
- small town lazarus
- from Red Black & Blues
- Logical Fallacies of Alien