Handguns smuggled in apple pies.
An internship in the belly of a whale.
A cat with two buttholes for eyes
and a single eye under its tail.
Fingerpainting done without joy.
Carbonated barbecue sauce in a can.
A sense of humor only privilege could destroy.
A former president living in a van.
A black-leather-jacketed seagull tracing
a pentagram in the sand with its wing.
Silences words are ever erasing.
Eagle feathers stapled to a chicken wing.
A condom stuffed with a pizza slice.
A plumbing problem in paradise.
A bird’s nest passed as a collection plate.
A chihuahua barking through a megaphone.
A magnolia growing out of a sewer grate.
Technophobes worshipping a crucified drone.
A boy band eating salad from a trough.
A powdered wig on a Rubix cube.
A pseudointellect you can’t turn off.
The shadow cast by a single pube.
A sprig of kale in the end of a gun.
The courthouse steps slick with lard.
A mustardy dildo in a hotdog bun.
A throat slit with a used gift card.
Hitpoints lost by reading the news.
A ménage à trois between three yous.
Cologne so strong it breaks the fourth wall.
A bear trap set and concealed in a purse.
A war memorial in a bathroom stall.
Deodorant that makes the world smell worse.
Multi-millionaires mistaken for gods.
Imaginary enemies you’re paid to fear.
A curse where you nod if anyone nods.
A psychotic woodpecker pecking a mirror.
Landfills constructed exclusively for art.
A redwood tree whittled into a pawn.
A cannibal choking to death on a heart.
An upside-down shopping cart trapping a swan.
Present and past in a vicious rap beef.
A level of joy indistinguishable from grief.
A symbol you’re asked to misperceive.
An attorney who only takes payment in pie.
A cult whose leader asks you to leave.
A single ghost stretched out over the entire sky.
A bad dream that’s a good dream that ends too soon.
Pecan shell armor on a samurai roach.
An empty gorilla suit dredged from a lagoon.
A winless team with a tree for a coach.
A vending machine full of cowboy hats.
A bra stuffed with pages torn from the Bible.
A civil war fought with baseball bats.
A conch shell sued by the sea for libel.
A lighthouse pierced with a thousand knives.
Five thousand years of unearned high-fives.
Sinister lamplight striking parked cars.
A sexually transmitted fear of clowns.
Statues of Liberty on the moons of Mars.
Velociraptors waltzing in wedding gowns.
Misery misremembered as strength.
Miranda rights delivered in song.
Election years of infinite length.
Books banned for being too long.
A bouquet of okra in a suitor’s hand.
A ninja brandishing a butter knife.
A crown of thorns on an ampersand.
A softball game that changes your life.
A dragon doing sit-ups in a cave.
A tiara on a tidal wave.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 91: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 90: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Review Short: Simeon Kronenberg’s Distance
- Review Short: Judith Beveridge’s Sun Music: New and Selected Poems
- Melody Paloma Reviews Keri Glastonbury
- Submission to Cordite 91: NO THEME VIII
- Judith Bishop Reviews Phillip Hall’s Fume
- Bella Li on as Associate Publisher
- Alex Creece on as Production Editor
- Review Short: Diane Fahey’s November Journal and Carmen Leigh Keates’s Meteorites
- Review Short: Vahni Capildeo’s Seas and Trees and Jennifer Harrison’s Air Variations
- To Outlive a Home: Poetics of a Crumbling Domestic
- ‘The Rally Is Calling’: Dashiell Moore Interviews Lionel Fogarty
- Jackie Ryan: Teaser to Burger Force 3
- Dispatch from the Future Fish
- Introduction to Cordite 89: DOMESTIC
- 7 Portraits by Ali Gumillya Baker
- Selections from 3 Yhonnie Scarce Series
- Kathy Acker and The Viewing Room
- To Live There: on ‘Dispatch from the Future Fish’
- The Wild Workshop: The Ghost of a Brontëan Childhood in the Life of Dorothy Hewett
- Externalising the Symptom: Radicalised Youth and The Membrane
- On Deep Breaths and Friends Forever: Im/materiality and Mis/communication in Happy Angels Revisited
- Letter to Anne Carson: Work of Remembrance and Mourning
- Translated Extracts from Chantal Danjou
- Translations from Old English
- The Poets: Pejk Malinovski Self-translates
- Carnage, Crosses and Curiosity: 13 Images by Yvette Holt
- Body of Sound