Handguns smuggled in apple pies.
An internship in the belly of a whale.
A cat with two buttholes for eyes
and a single eye under its tail.
Fingerpainting done without joy.
Carbonated barbecue sauce in a can.
A sense of humor only privilege could destroy.
A former president living in a van.
A black-leather-jacketed seagull tracing
a pentagram in the sand with its wing.
Silences words are ever erasing.
Eagle feathers stapled to a chicken wing.
A condom stuffed with a pizza slice.
A plumbing problem in paradise.
A bird’s nest passed as a collection plate.
A chihuahua barking through a megaphone.
A magnolia growing out of a sewer grate.
Technophobes worshipping a crucified drone.
A boy band eating salad from a trough.
A powdered wig on a Rubix cube.
A pseudointellect you can’t turn off.
The shadow cast by a single pube.
A sprig of kale in the end of a gun.
The courthouse steps slick with lard.
A mustardy dildo in a hotdog bun.
A throat slit with a used gift card.
Hitpoints lost by reading the news.
A ménage à trois between three yous.
Cologne so strong it breaks the fourth wall.
A bear trap set and concealed in a purse.
A war memorial in a bathroom stall.
Deodorant that makes the world smell worse.
Multi-millionaires mistaken for gods.
Imaginary enemies you’re paid to fear.
A curse where you nod if anyone nods.
A psychotic woodpecker pecking a mirror.
Landfills constructed exclusively for art.
A redwood tree whittled into a pawn.
A cannibal choking to death on a heart.
An upside-down shopping cart trapping a swan.
Present and past in a vicious rap beef.
A level of joy indistinguishable from grief.
A symbol you’re asked to misperceive.
An attorney who only takes payment in pie.
A cult whose leader asks you to leave.
A single ghost stretched out over the entire sky.
A bad dream that’s a good dream that ends too soon.
Pecan shell armor on a samurai roach.
An empty gorilla suit dredged from a lagoon.
A winless team with a tree for a coach.
A vending machine full of cowboy hats.
A bra stuffed with pages torn from the Bible.
A civil war fought with baseball bats.
A conch shell sued by the sea for libel.
A lighthouse pierced with a thousand knives.
Five thousand years of unearned high-fives.
Sinister lamplight striking parked cars.
A sexually transmitted fear of clowns.
Statues of Liberty on the moons of Mars.
Velociraptors waltzing in wedding gowns.
Misery misremembered as strength.
Miranda rights delivered in song.
Election years of infinite length.
Books banned for being too long.
A bouquet of okra in a suitor’s hand.
A ninja brandishing a butter knife.
A crown of thorns on an ampersand.
A softball game that changes your life.
A dragon doing sit-ups in a cave.
A tiara on a tidal wave.
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 93: PEACHSUBMIT to L Van, G Mouratidis, L Toong 92: NO THEME VIIICOMING SOON with C Gaskin 91: MONSTERwith N Curnow 90: AFRO AUSTRALIANwith S Umar 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith F Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith V Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith J Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith K Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with D Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with P Brown 52.0: TOIL with C Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with L Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with B Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with J Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with T Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with C Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with M Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with F Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with J Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with D Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with K MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with A Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with G Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with D Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with K MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with L Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with S Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with S Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with A Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with S Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with A Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with J Jones
- Brigid Magner Reviews Michele Leggott’s Vanishing Points and Elizabeth Smither’s Night Horse
- Jack Kelly Reviews Liam Ferney’s Hot Take
- Submission to Cordite 93: PEACH
- Introduction to Cordite 91: MONSTER
- Poetry, Whatsoever: Blake, Blau DuPlessis, and an Expansive Definition of the Poem
- On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch
- A Deaf Rough Trade: Defending Poetry to ‘regular people’
- 12 Panels by Chris Gooch
- 5 Translated Yosuke Tanaka Poems
- A Buzz in the Retina: On Translating Luljeta Lleshanaku
- ‘That is some crafty bite’: Trisha Pender Interviews Melinda Bufton
- ‘You’re never disembodied from the action’: Dylan Frusher Interviews Judith Beveridge
- Excerpts from Neon Daze
- Chorography and Toute-eau in the Waters of Lower Murray Country
- 6 Poems from Robin M Eames
- Aussi / Or: Un Coup de dés and Mistranslation in the Antipodes
- Every other Friday
- I Still Love Without My Head
- Heath Ledger’s Joker
- Only fair
- small town lazarus
- from Red Black & Blues
- Logical Fallacies of Alien
- A Lotus of Lawyers