What happens when birds fall?
Do birds always fall?a broken jet wing
fills the river-flat
What if a bird
fell between us?let it be swift
old catHow many birds would it take to spin a cyclone?
Can bird bones blow wind into my lungs?
bone and quill
death for one fish
What if I could taste
your breath between us?
saltDo birds ever get sick of air?
Do all birds like the colour blue?down, down,
down feather, down
down in flames
flamin’ go down
Are birds’ mouths
too small for us?that cuckoo will swoop my last bubble
Is the first joint of my little finger a vulture delicacy?
What would if feel like to break a bone with a beak?up
with my catch
to the sun
and the height and
Would you claw away
the blood between us
I hear the fish in my gullet
Can beaks be soft?
Would you recognise a smiling bird?tiny bird
insects at sunset
a Möbius loop
Will you ever wash your side
of the glass between us?
cit︢ sis︢ sic︢ ran nar︣ cis︣ sis︣ tic
What would life sound like from inside an egg?
Would there be more swans if kicked-chicks lived?
mother duck coo Ɵ
water Ơ – tap tap tap Ƹ
mother duck calls from the pond
we launch ҈
are we dabblers or divers?
Will you stand there
till the air is cold between us?
How many feathers make a bird?
How many feathers do you have?
the balance between the
the rise on the
the dip on the
the warp and weft of the
the scents on the
the sounds of the
the spray of the
the shades of the
the feel of the
the hunger in the
the love of the
and the joy of the
Are there feathers
what does she see in him?
Are you a bird?
If you could be a new kind of bird, what would you look like?
htom a◊a moth
htom-regit a◊a tiger-moth
htom-regit wolley a◊a yellow tiger-moth
htom-regit wolley thgirb a◊a bright yellow tiger-moth
htom-regit wolley thgirb◊bright yellow tiger-moth
htom wolley thgirb◊bright yellow moth
regit wolley thgirb◊bright yellow tiger
wolley thgirb◊bright yellow
How will birds end?
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 91: NO THEME VIIISUBMIT to C Gaskin 90: MONSTERwith N Curnow, coming soon! 89: DOMESTICwith N Harkin 88: TRANSQUEERwith S Barnes and Q Eades 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz & H Isemonger 86: NO THEME VIIwith L Gorton 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Magan Magan Reviews deciBels 3
- Claire Albrecht Reviews Manisha Anjali’s Sugar Kane Woman
- Review Short: Simeon Kronenberg’s Distance
- Review Short: Judith Beveridge’s Sun Music: New and Selected Poems
- Melody Paloma Reviews Keri Glastonbury
- Submission to Cordite 91: NO THEME VIII
- Judith Bishop Reviews Phillip Hall’s Fume
- Bella Li on as Associate Publisher
- Alex Creece on as Production Editor
- Review Short: Diane Fahey’s November Journal and Carmen Leigh Keates’s Meteorites
- Review Short: Vahni Capildeo’s Seas and Trees and Jennifer Harrison’s Air Variations
- To Outlive a Home: Poetics of a Crumbling Domestic
- ‘The Rally Is Calling’: Dashiell Moore Interviews Lionel Fogarty
- Jackie Ryan: Teaser to Burger Force 3
- Dispatch from the Future Fish
- Introduction to Cordite 89: DOMESTIC
- 7 Portraits by Ali Gumillya Baker
- Selections from 3 Yhonnie Scarce Series
- Kathy Acker and The Viewing Room
- To Live There: on ‘Dispatch from the Future Fish’
- The Wild Workshop: The Ghost of a Brontëan Childhood in the Life of Dorothy Hewett
- Externalising the Symptom: Radicalised Youth and The Membrane
- On Deep Breaths and Friends Forever: Im/materiality and Mis/communication in Happy Angels Revisited
- Letter to Anne Carson: Work of Remembrance and Mourning
- Translated Extracts from Chantal Danjou
- Translations from Old English
- The Poets: Pejk Malinovski Self-translates