Cordite 35: Ozko is now online … | 언로보도자료: 호주-한국 詩 교류 프로젝트
On behalf of Cordite Poetry Review, including all of our editors, translators and contributors, I am extremely proud to announce the publication of a special issue of our magazine devoted to contemporary poetry from Australia and the Republic of Korea.
Timed to coincide with the Australia-Korea Year of Friendship, which celebrates fifty years of diplomatic relations between our two countries, Cordite 35: OZ-KO aims to stimulate creative collaborations between Australian and Korean poets and readers, and features one hundred new poetic works, plus a variety of features and other articles.
The issue is divided into three parts.
35.0: OZ-KO (ENVOY) – features new works by twenty Australian poets in English responding to the theme of Australia-Korea relations.
35.1: OZ-KO (HOJU-HANGUK) – features works by twenty more Australian poets both in English and Hangul, with translations by Kim Gaihyun and Kim Sunghyun.
35.2: OZ-KO (HANGUK-HOJU) – features works by twenty Korean poets in English and Hangul, selected by Eun-gwi Chung and translated by Eun-gwi Chung and Brother Anthony of Taizé.
Cordite Poetry Review was established in 1997, and is Australia’s premier Internet poetry magazine, having garnered a reputation for publishing experimental and innovative works by both established and emerging Australian poets. Cordite receives funding from the Australia Council for the Arts, the federal government’s peak arts funding body, and boasts a large and varied readership.
This special issue has been made possible through funding provided by the Korea Language Translation Institute, the Asialink Centre at the University of Melbourne, the Australian International Cultural Council and the Australia Council for the Arts.
I believe that this special issue of Cordite Poetry Review represents an ideal opportunity for Korean works to be read by an international audience, and for Korean audiences to read Australian poets in Hangul is, in my opinion, also exciting. I hope that you will enjoy reading this fantastic collection of works.
Cordite Poetry Review
- 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury (submit away!) 56.0: EXPLODE with Dan Disney (coming soon) 56.1: EKPHRASTIC (submit away!) with Cassandra Atherton and Paul Hetherington 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with Fiona Wright and Omar Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with Matthew Hall and Sophie Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with Kent MacCarter and Shane Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with Louis Armand and Helen Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with Josephine Rowe and Michael Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Michael Aiken Reviews Monty Reid
- Owen Bullock Reviews Murray Edmond
- Review Short: Marietta Elliot-Kleerkoper’s A Perfect Distortion
- Review Short: David Gilbey’s Pachinko Sunset
- Review Short: Lorne Johnson’s Morton
- DALIT / INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIAN Editorial
- 7 Works from Venkat Raman Singh Shyam: Pardhan Gond Artist and Story-teller
- Blasphemous Lines for Mother | Ki Kyntien Bym Ïaroh Na ka Bynta I Mei
- Slumber | Muktrui
- Sky Song | Taleng Nitom
- जादूनगरी? | Wonderland
- পেনেলোপে রে কোবি (অপহৃত শিশু) | Penelope Rae Cobby (The Stolen Child)
- I Have Seen Words | لفظ کو دیکھا ہے مَیں نے
- Snails | Shaamuk
- My Poetry | મારી કવિતા
- ବାର୍ତାବହ ପକ୍ଷୀର ଗୀତ | Song of the Messenger Bird
- Twi | Water Drops
- সেলাম জানাই কৃষ্ণকালো লোক | Palya Palya Dha’lan Djani
- Anti-love Poem
- Satha Didi Bhuiini Takot | Seven Sisters Strong
- Who … are we? | આમે … કિડેએ …
- Chandalini’s Poem | চণ্ডালিনীর কবিতা
- The Street Dog
- Just a duty-bound Hatred | कर्तव्य भर नफ़रत
- न्हानानग्गु यागु | Nhananggu Yagu
- અલી ગુમિલિયા બેકર | Knowledge of Trees