Cordite 35: Ozko is now online … | 언로보도자료: 호주-한국 詩 교류 프로젝트
On behalf of Cordite Poetry Review, including all of our editors, translators and contributors, I am extremely proud to announce the publication of a special issue of our magazine devoted to contemporary poetry from Australia and the Republic of Korea.
Timed to coincide with the Australia-Korea Year of Friendship, which celebrates fifty years of diplomatic relations between our two countries, Cordite 35: OZ-KO aims to stimulate creative collaborations between Australian and Korean poets and readers, and features one hundred new poetic works, plus a variety of features and other articles.
The issue is divided into three parts.
35.0: OZ-KO (ENVOY) – features new works by twenty Australian poets in English responding to the theme of Australia-Korea relations.
35.1: OZ-KO (HOJU-HANGUK) – features works by twenty more Australian poets both in English and Hangul, with translations by Kim Gaihyun and Kim Sunghyun.
35.2: OZ-KO (HANGUK-HOJU) – features works by twenty Korean poets in English and Hangul, selected by Eun-gwi Chung and translated by Eun-gwi Chung and Brother Anthony of Taizé.
Cordite Poetry Review was established in 1997, and is Australia’s premier Internet poetry magazine, having garnered a reputation for publishing experimental and innovative works by both established and emerging Australian poets. Cordite receives funding from the Australia Council for the Arts, the federal government’s peak arts funding body, and boasts a large and varied readership.
This special issue has been made possible through funding provided by the Korea Language Translation Institute, the Asialink Centre at the University of Melbourne, the Australian International Cultural Council and the Australia Council for the Arts.
I believe that this special issue of Cordite Poetry Review represents an ideal opportunity for Korean works to be read by an international audience, and for Korean audiences to read Australian poets in Hangul is, in my opinion, also exciting. I hope that you will enjoy reading this fantastic collection of works.
Cordite Poetry Review
- FREE: 20 Poets anthology
- 88: UNPRINTABLEwith J R Carpenter and B Laird (coming soon!) 87: DIFFICULTwith O Schwartz and H Isemonger(submit away!) 86: NO THEME VIIwith Lisa Gorton(coming soon) 85: PHILIPPINESwith Mookie L and S Lua 84: SUBURBIAwith L Brown and N O'Reilly 83: MATHEMATICSwith Fiona Hile 82: LANDwith J Stuart and J Gibian 81: NEW CARIBBEANwith Vladimir Lucien 80: NO THEME VIwith Judith Beveridge 57.1: EKPHRASTICwith C Atherton and P Hetherington 57: CONFESSIONwith Keri Glastonbury 56: EXPLODE with Dan Disney 55.1: DALIT / INDIGENOUSwith M Chakraborty and K MacCarter 55: FUTURE MACHINES with Bella Li 54: NO THEME V with F Wright and O Sakr 53.0: THE END with Pam Brown 52.0: TOIL with Carol Jenkins 51.1: UMAMI with Luke Davies and Lifted Brow 51.0: TRANSTASMAN with Bonny Cassidy 50.0: NO THEME IV with John Tranter 49.1: A BRITISH / IRISH with M Hall and S Seita 49.0: OBSOLETE with Tracy Ryan 48.1: CANADA with K MacCarter and S Rhodes 48.0: CONSTRAINT with Corey Wakeling 47.0: COLLABORATION with L Armand and H Lambert 46.1: MELBOURNE with Michael Farrell 46.0: NO THEME III with Felicity Plunkett 45.0: SILENCE with Jan Owen 44.0: GONDWANALAND with Derek Motion 43.1: PUMPKIN with Kent MacCarter 43.0: MASQUE with Ann Vickery 42.0: NO THEME II with Gig Ryan 41.1: RATBAGGERY with Duncan Hose 41.0: TRANSPACIFIC with J Rowe and M Nardone 40.1: INDONESIA with Kent MacCarter 40.0: INTERLOCUTOR with Libby Hart 39.1: GIBBERBIRD with Sarah Gory 39.0: JACKPOT! with Sam Wagan Watson 38.0: SYDNEY with Astrid Lorange 37.1: NEBRASKA with Sean Whalen 37.0: NO THEME! with Alan Wearne 36.0: ELECTRONICA with Jill Jones
- Catherine Noske Reviews Alison Croggon
- Alex Kostas Reviews Peter Goldsworthy, Jill Jones and Heather Taylor Johnson
- Israel Holas Allimant Reviews Poems of Olga Orozco, Marosa Di Giorgio & Jorge Palma
- Review Short: Rose Hunter’s Glass
- Review Short: Owen Bullock’s River’s Edge
- Varatharajan on as Commissioning Editor
- Review Short: Aidan Coleman’s Cartoon Snow
- Review Short: Melody Paloma’s In Some Ways Dingo
- Dashiell Moore Reviews Lionel Fogarty
- Submission to Cordite 87: DIFFICULT
- Kishore Ryan Reviews Lachlan Brown
- 14 Works by Marikit Santiago
- PHILIPPINES Editorial
- Migration and Melancholia and Settler Discontentment
- Lucy Van Reviews Merlinda Bobis
- The story, you think, is around
- Sestina for Street-side Sorrow
- Photo, Circa 1982
- ɫ i b a w
- Living Room
- Less than, Equal to, Greater than
- The Spectator
- A Momentry
- Upon Seeing a Couple Kiss While I Am Taking Coffee Near the Airport
- WAR: Marawi Siege