Cordite 35: Ozko is now online … | 언로보도자료: 호주-한국 詩 교류 프로젝트
On behalf of Cordite Poetry Review, including all of our editors, translators and contributors, I am extremely proud to announce the publication of a special issue of our magazine devoted to contemporary poetry from Australia and the Republic of Korea.
Timed to coincide with the Australia-Korea Year of Friendship, which celebrates fifty years of diplomatic relations between our two countries, Cordite 35: OZ-KO aims to stimulate creative collaborations between Australian and Korean poets and readers, and features one hundred new poetic works, plus a variety of features and other articles.
The issue is divided into three parts.
35.0: OZ-KO (ENVOY) – features new works by twenty Australian poets in English responding to the theme of Australia-Korea relations.
35.1: OZ-KO (HOJU-HANGUK) – features works by twenty more Australian poets both in English and Hangul, with translations by Kim Gaihyun and Kim Sunghyun.
35.2: OZ-KO (HANGUK-HOJU) – features works by twenty Korean poets in English and Hangul, selected by Eun-gwi Chung and translated by Eun-gwi Chung and Brother Anthony of Taizé.
Cordite Poetry Review was established in 1997, and is Australia’s premier Internet poetry magazine, having garnered a reputation for publishing experimental and innovative works by both established and emerging Australian poets. Cordite receives funding from the Australia Council for the Arts, the federal government’s peak arts funding body, and boasts a large and varied readership.
This special issue has been made possible through funding provided by the Korea Language Translation Institute, the Asialink Centre at the University of Melbourne, the Australian International Cultural Council and the Australia Council for the Arts.
I believe that this special issue of Cordite Poetry Review represents an ideal opportunity for Korean works to be read by an international audience, and for Korean audiences to read Australian poets in Hangul is, in my opinion, also exciting. I hope that you will enjoy reading this fantastic collection of works.
Cordite Poetry Review
- A. Frances Johnson Reviews Jill Jones
- Review Short: Toby Davidson’s ‘Beast Language’
- Michael Farrell Reviews MTC Cronin
- Justin Clemens Reviews Pam Brown and Ken Bolton
- Andy Jackson Reviews Kevin Brophy and Nathan Curnow
- Suspensions of the Real
- Too East Coast?
- Review Short: Lachlan Brown’s ‘Limited Cities’
- Review Short: Toby Fitch’s ‘Rawshock’
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open!
- Ratbag Editorial
- Bev Braune Reviews Kate Lilley
- A Poetics of The Naughty
- Small to Medium Enterprise
- National Anthems (2)
- Cordite Scholarly Submissions (1)
- Naomi Beth Wakan: I have just been sent two volumes from Alba Press for review. They are David Cobb’s...
- Front page alternate (2)
- Suspensions of the Real (3)
- Gina K: Thanks for the awesome article / summary / recount / poetic inspiration, Jacinta. Your equation referring to...
- Felicity Plunkett: Thanks for such an evocative summary, Jacinta. A lot to reflect on — and congratulations to...
- Kristin Hannaford: A really interesting re-cap of the symposium. Wish I was there!
- Submission to Cordite 43: MASQUE is now open! (1)
- Emblem: Is the phantasmagoria of north-north-west masked poetic fare suggested here rijidij; or when it comes to it...
- Pacific Solution 3 (2)
- ezo: Naru is in Nagasaki, nauru in the pacific – a symbolic reference to second world war??? Nauru has never...
- IWD: Murder, She Wrote (2)
- Sharaon Mousmini: Yes I have just got a copy of Women’s Work through Pax Press and I was also at the launch...
- Nativism and the Interlocutor (2)
- Josephine WIlson: I want to thank the writer for this fine piece. It deserves many readers.
- On Not Having Encountered Snow, Aged 43 (1)
- Justin Lowe: Brilliant mate.
- Postcards from ‘The Neon Cactus’ (2)
- Bradley Roberts: Great poem. I lived in Finland or eighteen months. Wonderful land
- Five O’Clock at the River (6)
- Martha Landman: Profound! Rich with images. Imaginative; so human.
- Cordite 41: TRANSPACIFIC is now live! - http://t.co/3fch0GO0f9 11:50:02 PM March 31, 2013
- Jacinta Le Plastrier on Women's Work and a Modern Classic: http://t.co/4pe2VzqSsg @AusWomenWriters @Women_on_IWD 07:53:24 AM March 25, 2013
- Aidan Coleman reviews Robert Gray: http://t.co/CuL5jIUyRS #poetry 07:50:31 AM March 25, 2013
- Bonny Cassidy reviews the mighty collected Rosemary Dobson: http://t.co/F0Hkn9V86C @UQPbooks #poetry 09:05:53 AM March 19, 2013
- Aaron Mannion reviews John Kinsella's 'The Jaguar's Dream'. http://t.co/P9C4Ni881K #australianpoetry, #poetry 07:53:31 AM March 12, 2013