Poetry for special issue Cordite 84: UNPRINTABLE is guest-edited by J R Carpenter and Benjamin Laird. In addition to this call out, UNPRINTABLE will draw some work presented at the Electronic Literature Organization’s 2017 conference, ELO ’17, in Porto, Portugal, with assists from the New Media Writing Prize and the Electronic Poetry Center.
We are open to works in any language, but these must be accompanied by a description in English. Tell us what you’re up to, we really want to know.
*Please read before submitting to UNPRINTABLE:
Submission to this issue will close at 11.59pm Melbourne time on Sunday, 27 August, 2017.
Submit a short description with a link to your submission (somewhere private for unpublished works, or not for those that have appeared in conferences, etc). Previously displayed works will be considered at the guest editors’ discretion.
Submit pieces that are browser-based, readable online rather than device specific apps. Video-based works will be published on our Vimeo channel only.
Works that rely on server-side code or external APIs will be considered, but publication complications could arise, and works of this kind will be published at the discretion of our Site Producer.
*More generally, a few more thing you need to know:
1. We will only read submissions sent during our official submission periods.
2. Cordite maintains a hybrid submissions policy. This means that the guest editors may invite five (5) Australian and five (5) overseas authors directly to submit to the issue. In addition, the guest editors will select an additional 40 works. For this special issue, the guest editors will know the identities of the online contributors (via Submittable).
3. Please submit up to two (2) poems.
4. We are not able to offer feedback on individual poems.
5. Submissions will only be accepted via Submittable (where we are collecting descriptions, links, etc.) …